Saturday 20 July 2019

13.07.19 - Charnwood Lodge

Although Charnwood Lodge is the most heavily recorded site in VC55, I've only made one serious trip for springtails there previously, so it was past time to go back. There was a lot of the routine stuff I'm seeing everywhere at present - Deuterosminthurus pallipes, Pogonognathellus longicornis, Tomocerus minor. Notably, I also found a lot of juvenile Orchesella cincta, and some spanking new adults, a species I've not been seeing for the past few months now making a return:

Orchesella cincta

The highlight of Charnwood Lodge is the acid heath, and grubbing around in the Sphagnum produced a number of Isotoma viridis, which although not unexpected, I think is a new species record for this site:

Isotoma viridis





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, I will respond as soon as I can.