Saturday 8 September 2018

01.09.18 - Kelham Bridge - joining the dots (or not)

We went up to Kelham Bridge hoping for dragonflies but didn't see a single one, only lots of Common Blue Damselflies, which was somewhat underwhelming. While I was there I was also going to sample springtails (obviously). However, the results of this were also somewhat underwhelming. I put a fair amount of effort into sweeping vegetation and didn't find a single specimen. I found a nice puddle in a ditch and swept around the edges of that, also scooping from the water surface. Not. A. Sausage. The only place I found any springtails were on a big clump of Juncus in a ditch. (Juncus seems to be a good source at the moment). This yielded lots of Entomobrya nicoleti of varying stages of maturity, but also several Dicyrtomina minuta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, I will respond as soon as I can.