Thursday 17 January 2019

03.01.19 Gumley - Putting Squares in the Triangle

My first recording trip of 2019 was to cover a tetrad in the infamous Lutterworth Triangle (Lutterworth - Market Harborough - Leicester), the place where biological recording disappears. I settled on Gumley but frankly we could have gone anywhere as this is such a recording desert. We did a pleasant circular walk around the village and came home with two bags of leaf litter, which proved to be very productive. I was able to make my second county record of Monobella grassei, always a welcome sight:

Monobella grassei

I'm now always pleased to find Orchesella cincta since this is now one of my recording benchmarks. I also found a couple of Orchesella villosa, abundant Dicyrtomina saundersi, and several Entomobrya nicoleti and Lepidocyrtus lignorum:

First Springtails of 2019

1 comment:

Comments welcome, I will respond as soon as I can.